Thursday 7 May 2009

Migrant Workforce

Well, we're in the process of migrating our site and this blog over to a more integrated solution, which has proved a baptism of fire for me. Ricky's been on at me for a while to try and sort it, and it has only been in the last week that I've had a chance to do owt. Up until a week ago, my exploits into the wonderful world of html/xml were limited to cut and paste jobs on here and taking ages to get my head round LUA scripting. So it's been a fairly encouraging experience that I've managed to get the site up and running and looking something akin to a proper site in less than a week. 

Some advice I was given early doors on html editing was to hit the forums, and true enough 90% of the questions I've had I can get answers to pretty quickly on them. Other stuff I've battled without answers and there is very little that has defeated me so far. To be honest, it's been a pretty enjoyable experience (albeit punctuated with a number of expletives) and a nice little break from creative accounting and spoiling people's fun saying "Yes, that'd be really cool but we have no time/money/programmer/etc..."

With a fair wind, our new site should be up within the next week or so, then you'll be able to contact me on it to ask me what all the fuss was about.

P.S. Look out for a substantially less mundane update early next week, small developer fanboys!

No comments:

Post a Comment